If you like to decorate your collection of those delicate wine glasses, or if you have a unique glass collection then you’ll surely like this diy to make glitter glasses.
Glitter can be a useful part to decorate your stuff apart from it’s use for children. You can customize wine glasses into a set of glittery classy glassware for a present, bachelorette party, or other fancy occasions. After you have designed your glasses, make sure to seal the glitter thoroughly, so that the glitter stays on the glasses and not in your dishwasher!
Check out the steps to make your glasses glittery!
Materials you will require :
- Wine glasses
- Painter’s tape
- Mod Podge
- Lacquer sealing spray (it will ensure your glitter glasses are washable)
- Paint brush
1. Mark the glasses with painter’s tape where you want to leave it without glitter. Now paint the glue on above or below the tape where you want the glasses to be glittered.
2. If you want sharp lines then mark it with desired pieces of the tape in a design you want it to be glittered.
3. Insert your brush in the mod podge jar and wipe off excess on the rim. Apply some amount of glue to the area where you want the glitter to be.
4. Immediately after applying the glue on the glass, roll the glass in the glitter or you can pour it on the glue.
5. Shake off excess of glitter and allow the glasses to dry, check any unevenness on the glitter coat and then apply a second coat of glitter to make it even.
6. Leave the final coat to dry for about 4 to 12 hours.
7. Shake the can of spray lacquer according to packaging directions. It usually requires 30 seconds to one minute of shaking.
8. Spray the lacquer over the glittered portion of your wine glasses. Keep the can at least six inches (15cm) away from the glasses.
9. Wait until it has dried. Then, apply a second clear coat. Review the packing directions to find out how long you will need to wait between two consecutive coats.
10. Use your glasses after the lacquer has cured.
You should be able to wash them in the dishwasher, all because of the lacquer coat. So what are you waiting for? Serve your drinks in your DIY Glitter Glasses!
For more ideas see the video.