Pigmentation refer to the coloring of the skin and Hyperpigmentation is the another name of skin patches given by the healthcare professionals that become darker than surrounding areas of skin. Melanin is made up of cells in the skin and is the pigment responsible for your skin’s color. Hyperpigmentation is a common skin condition. It affects people of all skin types.
Dark spots on the skin are not a cause for concern and do not need treatment, it is usually harmless but can sometimes caused by an underlying medical condition, though people may choose to remove them for cosmetic reasons.. Certain medications can also cause your skin to darken. It’s more of a cosmetic issue for most people.
Hyperpigmentation is the condition when patches of skin appear darker than the surrounding skin. This state is appeared when the skin produces more melanin (the pigment that gives skin its color). Either it can be spots or patches of skin appear darker than surrounding areas.
Hyperpigmentation is a common skin condition it can affects people of all skin types. Some forms of hyperpigmentation form after an injury or skin inflammation, such as cuts, burns, acne, or lupus. These can occur anywhere on the body.
Other types of hyperpigmentation, including melasma and sun spots, are more likely to affect areas of skin that face sun exposure, including the face, arms, and legs.
Dark spots also vary in size and can develop on any part of the body but are most common in areas often exposed to the sun.
Hyperpigmentation are common in the following areas:
- Back of the hands
Having extra pigment in some areas of skin is usually harmless but can sometimes indicate another medical condition. But in some people with darker skin, a spot that is a few shades darker than the skin usually fades away within 6 to 12 months and sometime if it is deeper it take years to fade.
So here we go through the causes of dark spots on the skin and how people can remove them using dermatological treatments and home remedies.
Aloe vera contains aloin, a natural depigmenting compound that has been shown to lighten skin and work effectively as a nontoxic hyperpigmentation treatment,
1. Apply pure aloe vera gel to pigmented areas before bedtime.
2. Rinse using warm water the next morning.
3. Repeat daily until your skin color improves.
Black tea water
The black tea water is a natural remedy for skin pigmentation, surely it it will result better.
To try Black Tea Water for hyperpigmentation treatment at home:
1. Add a tablespoon of fresh black tea leaves to a cup of boiling water and remove the flame.
2. Leave the tea leaves for two hours and strain to remove the leaves.
3. Soak a cotton ball in the tea water and apply to areas of hyperpigmentation, twice a day.
Onion extract is an ingredient in some commercially available skin- and scar-lightening creams. It has been proved that the dried skin of red onions can effectively lighten skin. Look for creams for hyperpigmentation that contain Allium cepa and use as directed.
Green tea extract
It has been proved that green tea extract may have a depigmenting effect when applied to skin, that’s why Green Tea is used in so many cosmetic products like facials and cosmetic creams. You can purchase green tea extract and apply it as directed.
If you want to check the result of Green Tea Extract, follow these steps:
1. Steep a green tea bag in boiled water for three to five minutes.
2. Remove the tea bag from the water and let it cool.
3. Rub the tea bag over the affected area.
4. Repeat this process twice in a day until you get results.
4. Repeat every day for six days a week, at least four weeks.
Milk is the best treatment to lighten your dark spots. Milk, buttermilk, and even sour milk have all been shown to effectively lighten skin. Lactic acid is the ingredient responsible for this effect.
To use any of these to treat pigmentation:
- Soak a cotton ball in the milk.
- Rub it over darkened skin patches twice a day.
- Repeat daily until you see results.
It has been found that tomato paste is rich in lycopene protected the skin against short-term and long-term aspects of photo damage. Regular application of tomato on the affected area help to lighten your skin.
Red lentils face masks, are popular as a hyperpigmentation treatment. Though there isn’t any evidence to back these claims, red lentils are rich in antioxidants that are known to be good for the skin.
To make your own Red lentils mask:
1. Soak 50 grams of red lentils overnight in a bowl of water.
2. Use a blender or food processor to create a fine paste.
3. Apply the paste evenly over your face and leave it on for 20 minutes.
4. Rinse with cold water and pat your skin dry with a towel.